Thursday, November 20, 2008

Secrets in the Night.

I open my eyes, and I see the night rolling past. My heart quickens, I’ve won. I’m first to your feet, to your face, to your arms. No wonder the sun races to be near you, but before he can reach us, you whisper secrets in my ear. While the darkness conceals us you teach me, entreat me. The secret unsealed: You’re about to release us! Your glory will mark us, enlight us, and blind us. We’ll be blind to the fear and the “impossible” speaker.

When the sun finally rises, he fears us, for the glory of the Father heats us. With unveiled faces, we march out to meet them, the uncircumcised fools who dare to not fear Him! They cannot hear Him. But what happens when the world meets a people who dwell in the Cloud and follow the Storm, who step out of the crowd and refuse to perform? When the cloud raises, the crowd parts, we run out as fast and as far “Behold us and touch us for the God of Glory has fallen upon us!”

That is the secret: “When the darkness gets darker, the light grows all brighter. Daughter, oh daughter, come closer to my fire. Your face feels my burning, and your heart feels desire. When the sun rises to meet us, he’ll melt in the wonder, he’ll shine in the shadow of the children of the Mighty One. Soon, your faces will behold me then all creation will know you as “the children of Moses, the made-righteous ones." I have foretold them of you. By dawn, your face will glow brighter than the first birth of sun.

And I hear, I hear, and you are still here! A tear. I draw nearer. Please tell me Your secret again!

2 comments:

Rachel Sarah said...

Superb! Wow! Thank you for sharing the tender intimate words between you and Daddy! Not to mention - eloquent prose, my dear. What a great way to start my day - by reading this entry.

(2nd to last paragraph... I'm not sure where the quotes end.)

James Phillips said...

That is incredible Kati and it so well with what Georgian was speaking on last night!