Friday, August 27, 2010

Out of Sight

She must have had a heart of crumbling clay,
Whoever first deemed out of sight as out of mind
One day in love, the next, love ready to consign
A long goodbye, but never knowing the pain to pine.
No, she couldn't have had a heart like mine.

I needn't see your face or hear you play
To see your eyes, as dark as wine,
And be as drunk by them, as the strongest vine.
I needn't to hear your voice in perfect rhyme
Lingering words with power, my fears to align.

You could spend the rest of our days away,
And my heart would still repeat, "I'm thine."
No, she couldn't have had a heart like mine.
Waiting, and ready to wait for all time.
Waiting, perhaps, though waiting in line.

Out of sight means out of mind,
Unless you're stuck with a heart like mine.

1 comments:

Jaelle Hamann said...

Oh goodness me I'm in LOVE with this!