Monday, July 12, 2010

Whenever You Play

Whenever you play, I can’t help but listen
Regardless of the voices that get in the way.
Because music from you is an apparition
And I know the image isn’t going to stay.

The lyrics you sing and the rhythms you find
Wandering like desperate tired men to be freed,
Are the words on your face, long locked up in your mind
Dreams and emotions I’ve been trying to read.

Whenever you play, my heart stops to listen,
For music seems the only door your heart walks through.
So I’m humming your tune, a quiet admission,
That I’m waiting by the doors that lead to you.

3 comments:

Melee said...

I love this! The last verse especially. :)

Katrina Hope said...

thanks- i wrote the poem around that last stanza- the first version of it fell into my mind while I was driving home one day. The middle stanza keeps giving me trouble though- I still don't like one of the lines. :/

Melee said...

I hate it when that happens! Don't worry, you'll figure it out. When I don't like something I usually just let it sit for a while and then the answer just randomly hits me! Of course, it doesn't always work that way, but oftentimes it does. :)